On December 30, 2021, China NMPA (National Medical Products Administration) issued an announcement on the trial operation of electronic registration certificates for cosmetics. Electronic registration certificate for cosmetics will start trial operation on January 1, 2022. Relevant issues are hereby announced as follows:
1. From January 1, 2022, the electronic registration certificate will be issued to special cosmetics and new cosmetic ingredients with the application submitted and approved for registration according to the Provisions for the Registration and Filing of Cosmetics.
2. From May 1, 2022, the electronic registration certificate will be issued to special cosmetics approved of change or renewal of registration.
3. Electronic and paper registration certificates have the same legal effect. The electronic registration certificate has such functions as instant service, SMS reminder, certificate authorization, QR code verification, online verification, and whole network sharing. Registrants shall correctly use and properly keep the electronic registration certificate. Answers to frequently asked questions on electronic certificates can be found in the "Frequently Asked Questions for Electronic Certificates" at the Online Service Hall.
4. During the trial operation, electronic and paper registration certificates will be issued simultaneously. When the paper registration certificate for special cosmetics and new cosmetic ingredients is issued, the electronic registration certificate will be automatically pushed to the space of its legal representative at the Online Service Hall for the registrants (persons in charge within the territory of China). Registrants (persons in charge within the territory of China) shall first register and authenticate with their real names at the NMPA Online Service Hall, enter the Column of "My Certificates" at the Online Service Hall, view and download the electronic registration certificates of cosmetics, or log in NMPA APP to view and download the electronic registration certificate.
5. The time for the official implementation of the electronic registration certificate for cosmetics will be announced separately.